The first starting day featured less players registering than last years event which had 771 players taking to the felt.
Chipleader of Day 1A is William Kakon plus a few notable players surviving the first day include: Jorryt van Hoof, Mike Matusow, Jonathan Duhamel, Abe Mosseri, Andy Black and Max Pescator.
The Main Event has three starting flights and there are still two more starting days before registration ends and the fields combine for Day 2.
2015 WSOP Main Event Day 1A
While the fields of 2015 WSOP Main Event Day 1A are smaller than normal, it could still turn around with more players preferring to start on Day 1B & C. The total prize pool can only be calculated once registration on all three starting flights has ended.
2015 WSOP Main Event Day 1A
Starting Flights: July 5th-7th at 12:00 PM
In Day 1 play seemed fairly tight as it took more than three hours before the first player was eliminated and that player was Mohammed Ayyash who had his pocket aces cracked.
Last years November Nine player Jorryt van Hoof is among the top of the playing field in Day 1A.
The list of notable players survive Day 1A include: Van Hoof, Mike Matusow, Jonathan Duhamel, David Bach, Abe Mosseri, Andy Black and Max Pescatori.
The remaining players from Day 1A will return to play on Wednesday, July 8 for five levels before combining with the rest of the field.
2015 WSOP Main Event Schedule
The three starting days take place on July 5th - 7th, giving players a choice which day they would like to register for.
- Play will begin on days 1A, 1B, and 1C at 12 pm
- Players receive a starting stack of 30,000 chips
- Each level plays for 120 minutes with a 20 minute break after each level.
- Starting Days 1A, 1B, and 1C play for five levels
- There is a dinner break after level three giving players 90 minutes to grab something to eat.
Surviving players from the three starting flights return between July 8th - 9th, survivors will then return for Day 3 with a combined playing field. Players from Day 2A and 2B will be playing in different locations at the Rio Casino.
- Day 2A - Remaining players from Day 1A return on Wednesday, July 8, for 5 levels of play.
- Day 2B - Remaining players from Day 1B return on Wednesday, July 8, for 5 levels of play.
- Day 2C - Remaining players from Day 1C return on Thursday, July 9, for 5 levels of play.
- Day 3 – Remaining players from Days 2A, 2B, and 2C return on Friday, July 10, for 5 levels.
- Day 4 - Remaining players return on Saturday, July 11, for 5 levels of play.
- Day 5 - Remaining players return on Sunday, July 12, for 5 levels of play.
- Day 6 - Remaining players return on Monday, July 13, for 5 levels of play.
- Day 7 - Remaining players return on Tuesday, July 14, and play until just 9 players remain.
- Day 8 - November Nine final table players will resume in November 2015.
All the action can be seen in weekly updates televised on ESPN leading up to the 2015 WSOP Main Event final table. The World Series of Poker is sponsored by 888poker where the World plays online.